Authorisation and declaration
Incomplete sections or validation errors
If you see an error message when you get to this page, you will need to look for either a red question mark or a red triangle in the left-hand progress indicator.
A red question mark means information is still required in that section.
A red triangle means there is one or more errors in that section. Errors are either highlighted on the actual field (if field specific) or an error message will appear on the relevant page (if section specific).
The Authorisation and declaration, and the submission of the Census form, must be done by the person authorised by the governing body (the 'Authorised person') to submit school Census data on behalf of the governing body.
The Authorised person is required to declare the data to be a true and correct record and that all appropriate documentation will be retained by the school/governing body for a period of five years from Census Day, in a way that ensures the integrity and security of the data and documents.
If a person at the school is the Authorised person, ensure that person checks the data and completes the Authorisation and declaration by governing body or authorised person section before submitting the Census form. Otherwise contact the governing body to let them know the Census form is ready for authorisation and submission. Also, refer to Arrangements for schools under certain governing bodies on the following page of these Instructions.
The diagram below may assist with establishing the path needed to submit the Census form to the NSSAB Secretariat.
Schools under the following governing bodies are to notify the nominated contacts that the Census forms are ready for authorisation:
- Lutheran Church of Australia - Queensland District: Lutheran Education Queensland, c/- Mr David Lonergan at email@example.com
- The Corporation of the Synod of the Diocese of Brisbane: Anglican Schools Commission, c/- Mr Robert Nettleton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Corporation of the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane: Brisbane Catholic Education Centre, c/- Mr Trevor Reid at email@example.com
- The Roman Catholic Trust Corporation for the Diocese of Cairns: Cairns Catholic Education Office, c/- Ms Jayne Horsnell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Roman Catholic Trust Corporation for the Diocese of Rockhampton: Rockhampton Catholic Education Office, c/- Ms Amanda Houston at email@example.com, cc: Ms Carmel Kriz at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms Leann Montanari at email@example.com
- The Corporation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Toowoomba: Diocese of Toowoomba Catholic Schools, c/- Mr Charles Corbett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Roman Catholic Trust Corporation for the Diocese of Townsville: Townsville Catholic Education Office, c/- Ms Jodi Larsen at email@example.com
All other schools should contact their governing body to find out if an individual at the school/site has been authorised to submit the Census form on behalf of the governing body.
Last updated 31 January, 2023